Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Quote of the Day

From the Fourum:


"I'd just like to say that I'm glad Jeremy Parker is writing articles that present a little bit of intelligence in this police state we live in. "

As much as I try to parody the crazy leftists that call into the fourum, they always outdo me. I don't mean this as an insult to Parker (he's really a good writer, just misguided in this instance), but "police state?"

Ahhhh... Leftists are sooooo cute when they have to live under a Republican presidency for four years.

update: Let me summarize my favorite portion of Parker's column for the benefit of posterity, and to put the above quote into context.

paraphrase: "The media isn't biased because if it was biased then we wouldn't know because it wouldn't tell us." But wait... if the media isn't biased, does that mean it would tell us that it is? This argument is more circular than the Daytona 500 (which, I'm assuming, has a relatively circular track...)

And this was the part of his argument that was "painfully obvious."

Well, admittedly, I did find it painful, although not for its honesty.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home