Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The Pledge

This is making the rounds in the blogosphere, so I thought I'd post it. I made a similar promise earlier, and I'd say this one is a pretty good summary of what we should hope for from both sides of the political aisle:
After the election results are in, I promise to:
: Support the President, even if I didn't vote for him.
: Criticize the President, even if I did vote for him.
: Uphold standards of civilized discourse in blogs and in media while
pushing both to be better.
: Unite as a nation, putting country over party, even as we work together
to make America better.

I accept, but I reserve the right to make snarky jokes about anything and everything. Self-serving, I know, but that's what the Constitution is founded on.

That, and WHITE, HETERO MALE OPPRESSION. Oh yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home