Monday, November 22, 2004

The Sound of Victory

I'm a rolling thunder, a pouring rain

I'm comin' on like a hurricane

My lightning's flashing across the sky

You're only young but you're gonna die

I won't take no prisoners, won't spare no lives

Nobody's putting up a fight

I got my bell, I'm gonna take you to hell

I'm gonna get you, Satan get you

CHORUS:

Hell's Bells

Yeah, Hell's Bells

You got me ringing Hell's Bells

My temperature's high, Hell's Bells

I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine

If you're into evil you're a friend of mine

See my white light flashing as I split the night

'Cause if good's on the left, then I'm stickin' to the right

I won't take no prisoners, won't spare no lives

Nobody's puttin' up a fight

I got my bell, I'm gonna take you to hell

I'm gonna get you, Satan get you

CHORUS

yeow

Hell's Bells, Satan's comin' to you

Hell's Bells, he's ringing them now

Hell's Bells, the temperature's high

Hell's Bells, across the sky

Hell's Bells, they're takin' you down

Hell's Bells, they're draggin' you around

Hell's Bells, gonna split the night

Hell's Bells, there's no way to fight, yeah

Ow, ow, ow, ow

Hell's Bells

"Iraq 'n' Roll":
As tanks geared up to trample Fallujah and American troops started circling the city, special operations officers rifled through their CD cases, searching for a sound track to spur the assault.What would irk Iraqi insurgents more: Barking dogs or bluegrass? Screaming babies or shrieking feedback?

[…]

While the tanks flattened Fallujah this month, Hell's Bells bombarded the town. Speakers as big as footlockers blared from Humvees' gun turrets. Boom boxes blasted off soldiers' backpacks. As the troops stormed closer, the music got louder. The song changed; the message remained the same.

[…]

"It's not the music so much as the sound," said Ben Abel, spokesman for the Army's psychological operations command at Fort Bragg, N.C. "It's like throwing a smoke bomb. The aim is to disorient and confuse the enemy to gain a tactical advantage."
AC/DC? What is this, the ‘80’s? Our troops deserve the most up-to-date equipment available. No cost is too much to pay for the safety of our troops. Might I suggest Burn, by Dope (lyrics not printable on a family blog) as a substitute psy-ops song? Or how about A Perfect Murder… that stuff’s heavier than Kirstie Alley.

Either way, our troops deserve no less than the latest advances in heavy metal technology out there. Our defense budget is over 15% of our total budget expenditures, so I think we can afford to ship a few Slipknot cd’s over there.

AC/DC? Puh. Those guys aren’t even American.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Quidnunc said...

Grant,
I hope it's o.k. that I read part of your post on my Podcast today. Every day I read what people are saying in the right wing blogosphere into an MP3 and make is available via RSS feed from http://feeds.feedburner.com/ripnread. I used your description of the music of AC/DC as described in the St. Petersburg Times article. Give it a listen, if you have time.

Charlie

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home