Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The world's smallest violin

French soldiers shoot unarmed citizens in the Ivory Coast. Iran hangs a 16-year old rape victim, and commits sundry other egregious human rights abuses. And what causes the most outrage? “Israel shocked by image of soldiers forcing violinist to play at roadblock.”

If I were to write a satirical article about the hideous moral equivalencies employed against the US and Israel, I don’t think I could come up with a better headline. Although possibly I would employ a bad violins/violence pun.

And, in other news, blogging will be limited the next few days because I have a virus on my computer that Symantec anti-virus won’t pick up, and my internet connection has slowed to a crawl. Plus, I learn that my automatic windows updater surreptitiously downloaded Winpak 2, an optional download that makes my computer run even slower.

But I can’t delete the thing, because if I do, I’ll be kicked off the Residential network. Catch-22, or somesuch.

The only path left to me is sepukku. I will not bring shame and dishonor upon my household.

AIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home