Tuesday, June 13, 2006

irony, fascism, obliviousness and the Democratic Party

Perrrfect. "At least the Democrats can make the trains run on time." This shall be the new Democrat mantra. They don't know it yet. But it shall be.

For some reason, maybe its my philosophy major, maybe its the mockery with which I treat every political view, including the one's I hold, but for some reason I'm always mistaken as a lefty. I once argued the pro-life position to a couple of dems for around ten minutes, until, finally, one said "You're really good at playing devil's advocate."

So, it's now my task to use the trust I've gained to insinuate that statement--"At least the Democrats can make the trains run on time"--subliminally, constantly into the minds of all the democrats I know, until it just sounds right for them to say it. Then, gradually, they'll start dropping it amongst their friends, at large gatherings, and finally, in public. And then, eventually, from some complete stranger, I'll hear this statement repeated back to me, "At least the Democrats can make the trains run on time."

And then I'll say "true that brother. True that."

update: if you were wondering, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home