Wednesday, August 23, 2006

From the collegian

"Scooters offer low gas, more time"

Yeah, I've been thinking of buying a scooter. I figure I'd save tons of gas, seeing as how I'd be too embarrassed to go to class. It would just be me and my scooter, sitting around the house with the blinds closed, nursing flat cups of Dr. Thunder.

Don't worry about reading the story. I just linked it because I wanted to make that humorous observation. And why is the "S" on "Scooter" not linked like the rest? Because of that damn "Insert" key--I went back to add the quotation marks and evidently the "Insert" key had been previously depressed, thus causing my new text to obliterate the old.

Seriously please, please tell me, what purpose does this key serve other than throwing kerosine on the ever-burning holocaust of spite, seething spite, that is my heart? Who came up for the idea with the idea for that key? Who, in the history of the known universe, has ever desired a key that overwrote text? Oh, I'm soasrry, it makes me sooo angry jsut thhinking aboyut it...I've got to styo[p.

2 Comments:

Blogger Logan C. Adams said...

Because that's the way all computers used to be, and they think some jackass may actually like it like that.

I've used computers like that before for word processing. It is not a pleasant experience.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Down with the insert key! -J

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home