Saturday, August 05, 2006

Non-inane hypothetical scenario

In a presidential election between Rudy Giuliani and Hillary Clinton, who would you vote for?

Me, I just don't think we're ready for a female president, so I'd vote for Hillary Clinton. Plus, a vote for Hillary would privilege the grounds of any criticism: "Hey, I voted for her and I still think she's doing a crappy job."

Oh yeah. I would just exude moral authority, like so much unexpected lactation. I could solemnly proclaim my disenchantment mere seconds after she takes office. Blogs would form around me, a veritable personality cult, as I picketed the presidential inauguration "and I even voted for her!"

Groundswells of support, Hannity and Colmes guest-slots, my own local radio show called "The Grant Recant," featuring a catalogue of criticisms I have with the new nascent presidency, "which I even voted for."

I don't think its unrealistic to speculate a 2008 Republican ticket for myself in this hypothetical scenario, as a moderate that reached across the aisle. And then, when election time comes, I'd vote for the other guy again.

...

Okay, my miniature, deep dish pizzas are done now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home